Since our last batch of awards in March, we’ve picked up several more.
- Our “Mississippi Learning” series won a New York press Club Award for continuing coverage by an online outlet.
- Sara Neufeld’s series on reform efforts at Quitman Street Community School in Newark, N.J. won First Place in the series category in the Garden State Journalists Association’s Memorial Journalism Awards.
- Sara Neufeld’s series on the Quitman school also won First Place for Online Feature Reporting from the New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists. The same series won Second Place in the Online Series Reporting category.
- Sarah Garland and Sarah Carr, along with The (New Orleans) Times-Picayune reporters Andrew Vanacore and Mark Waller, won first place for Public/Community Service Reporting in the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press Managing Editors Awards for their Grading the Grader series.
- Contributing Editor Jon Marcus was a finalist for the Newspaper or Digital Beat Reporting Award from the Deadline Club.